Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Project 365

Hi lovelies!


Did you do your homework from my last post and google Project 365? I hope so. It's such an interesting concept.

I thought I'd tell you why I decided to start this project, this year. I've heard about it for a couple of years and thought it sounded great, but then I wasn't really prepared to take it on. I didn't keep a camera with me, or I missed the first few days, or something. There was always some excuse. This year, I decided that I had enough excuses and what I needed was more pictures of our day to day living. I'm sure people take on this project for all sorts of reasons, but here is mine:

When I was younger, my brother and I spent a lot of time at my grandparents' house. They were our main babysitters when my parents were at work or needed to run errands. We spent every summer day with them for many years. One thing I will always remember my grandma doing is writing down notes in "her book." That's what she called it - it wasn't a diary or journal, just sort of a log of her daily activities. It was open to everyone to read; she never kept it private. I found out a couple of weeks ago that she took all the books she'd been saving (huge black binders stored in the basement) and destroyed them. I was so sad that she hadn't thought to ask me if I'd want them first. She couldn't imagine why someone would want to read what she'd done everyday for decades.


This album of pictures will serve as my "book." I'm not sure that too many people are interested in my ordinary life at this point, but at some point, someone might wonder what our life was like in the first year of marriage. As I look back over my photographs from the last few years, I've noticed the big events are well covered - Christmases, birthdays, vacations - but that there are very few pictures that document how I live my life. I'm aiming to change that now, with this project!

I've put a link to my Project 365 in the sidebar of the blogg-o (look to the left). I will do my best to update it often. I'd love to see your Project 365 albums or blogs, if you have already started this project, so leave a link in my comments. If you haven't started yet, it's not too late! Get started TODAY and show me your pictures. I'd love to see them.

This is the view from my window at work. I don't think you can see, but it's snowing pretty hard outside right now. We're on our way toward another bad snow storm (4-6 inches of snow are predicted, plus below 0 temperatures and 40mph winds!) Please pray for everyone facing this harsh winter weather.

Huggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment