Monday, February 15, 2010

Birthday Wishes

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine's Day! Mike and I spent the day together around the house - which is a very nice change, since Mike has been working on Sundays for a few weeks now and we don't get many days off together. It was really nice!

On to today's color combo (it is Monday, after all). It seems this is the only one of my structured tasks that I'm actually sticking to, for the time being. Whoops. :)

Here's the color combo I chose:

This combo was part of a challenge over on Nichole Heady's blog last week, but I thought I'd snag it for future posts. There were a lot of combos there that I normally wouldn't try, so I'll probably head back in the coming weeks.

So, here's the card:

I'm planning on giving this to my sister-in-law for her birthday tomorrow. It's an easel card. So, the top portion (with the flowers) actually stands up vertically, while the bottom (with the sentiment) lays flat on the table. I think these are super cute cards for displaying. Here's the closed view:

I did add black and white to the given colors. What I wanted to do with all these layers just didn't work with 4 colors :) Supplies are listed below.

I have the day off today for President's Day, which turned out to be a blessing. Yet again, the weather is pretty bad here. I am definitely looking forward to spring.

Have a great (warm) one!

{Birthday Wishes supplies)

Cardstock: kraft, pure poppy, aqua mist, sweet blush, white (PTI) Stamps: upsy daisy, elegant greetings (SU!), polka dot basics II (PTI) Ink: true black (PTI), VersaMark Other: butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), apron lace punch (Fiskers), pearls (Prima), ribbon (unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment