Monday, February 1, 2010

Have A Goodie!

Happy Monday, all!

If you've been looking at my Project 365 album, you'll have already had a sneak peak of the card I'm going to show you today. This is a card I made for my boss during a very stressful week at work. One of the things I hope to do in my creative goals this year is to make and share a card with someone in my life at least once a week. There are plenty of occassions that we can celebrate (births, weddings, birthdays, etc.) but it's so nice to just make and send/give a card for "no reason" - or at least, no scheduled reason.

On to the card:
Pink is one of my favorite colors because it is so versatile, and I love this color combo - white, shades of pink, and kraft. I used 3 stamp sets on this card, and I think they coordinate well. Some fun things to note on this card: the border punch I used on the pink cardstock has some small holes - it allows the white of the text to show through. I think it adds another dimension. I used one of the images (the one stamped in Rose Red) as a background image for the "Have a Goodie" punched sentiment. By doing that, I created a coordinating patterned paper for my sentiment to be stamped on. I also like the way that the pearls on the sentiment coordinate with the pearl tops on the stick pins.
There's a close-up of some of the detail.

So, the point of this post is that you can do something small to make someone's day. Did the card fix the stresses we're experiencing at work? No. But, it did make for a good start to the day, I think.

So, as the card says, I hope everyone has a goodie!
{Have A Goodie supplies}
Cardstock: kraft, pink pirouette (Stampin' Up!), Stamps: guide lines, handwritten notes, text style (Papertrey) Ink: rose red, regal rose (Stampin' Up!), fresh snow (Papertrey) Other: whisper white taffeta ribbon (Stampin' Up!) rustic cream button twine (Papertrey), pearls (Prima), doily lace border punch (Martha Stewart), large oval punch, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!), vintage button (Papertrey), stick pins (Dritz)

No comments:

Post a Comment